Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bad things happening...

A series of unfortunate things happened and caused me to think if it is because God is punishing me for backsliding...

1. Dio $120 fine and 3 demerit points the first time I drove out to meet my friends.

2. Lost my way twice and wasted countless petrol and time.

3. Went to get my waterbag with Ken at Army market and his car was damaged by a reversing lorry. Sorry Ken, did I bring it upon u?

4. Dropped my iPod on the road when it was without any cover.

5. Parked the car too far away from the starting point of Sundown Marathon and Shi and I had to walk 4 km to and fro.

6. Drove all the way from Changi to Bukit Panjang to attend a wake but my member wasn't around. It was a futile trip.

Am I too sensitive? Is it really coincidence? Or God, are You punishing me?

Nevertheless, I thank God that:
1. I still have 9 points after deducting 3. I will be extra careful.

2. I still got to my destinations.

3. Both Ken and I were not injured.

4. My iPod is still working with only some scratches.

5. We got a lift from someone along the way when we were walking to the starting point. We completed the race and were not stuck in the traffic for long.

6. I didn't lose my way this time from home to Changi, Changi to Bukit Panjang and Bukit Panjang to home.

Dear Father, forgive me for my backsliding heart. I find it hard to carry on. I need some support from church friends and I can't find many. I know it all has to depend on myself and nobody else. Help me Lord to press on and love You and Your people more. I love You, Father! Amen!

No comments: